Welcome to the Inclusion Department at AIS! We are dedicated to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all students, regardless of their abilities, backgrounds, or needs. Our primary goal is to ensure that every student has equal access to education and support, overcoming any barriers that may exist.
At Apple International School, we collaborate closely with teachers, staff, and parents to identify and address the unique needs of each student. Our team provides a range of resources, support, and accommodations to ensure that every student has the necessary tools and opportunities to succeed in school.
One of our key objectives is to ensure that students with disabilities have the same educational opportunities as their peers. We work closely with students, families, and teachers to develop individualized education plans that cater to each student’s specific needs and goals.
Our department also plays a critical role in creating a safe and supportive environment for students who may face discrimination or bullying. We provide comprehensive training and resources to teachers and staff, equipping them to recognize and address instances of bias or harassment. Additionally, we offer support and guidance to students and families when needed.
At AIS, we are committed to fostering a culture of inclusivity throughout the school community. We organize a variety of events, activities, and training opportunities that promote diversity and understanding. Our aim is to ensure that every student feels valued and respected, making Apple International School a truly “Happy and Inclusive school.”
Explore our website to learn more about our Inclusion Department and the initiatives we undertake to create an inclusive learning environment for all students.
AIS Inclusion Policy
Inclusion Policy at Apple International School: Creating an Equitable and Supportive Learning Environment
Promoting inclusivity and equal opportunities for all students at Apple International School through our comprehensive Inclusion Policy. Learn more about our commitment to fostering a welcoming and supportive educational environment for every student.
Our department offers a range of programs designed to support and nurture students’ diverse needs and talents. Here are some of the programs we offer:
- NEST – Nurturing Emotional Stability and Temperament: NEST is a program run by our dedicated counselor who focuses on nurturing students’ emotional well-being and temperament. Through individual and group counseling sessions, our counselor provides support, guidance, and strategies to help students develop emotional stability and resilience.
- Nurturing English and Thematical Talent – This program, run by our specialized educators, aims to nurture students’ English language and thematic skills. By tailoring instruction to the specific needs of each year group, our educators provide targeted support and engaging activities to enhance students’ language proficiency and thematic understanding.
- SEED – Speak Enact Engage Discuss: SEED is a program designed for students under English as an Additional Language (EAL). Our Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) provide personalized support to help these students improve their English language skills. Through interactive speaking activities, role-plays, discussions, and engagement with diverse texts, SEED fosters language development and boosts students’ confidence.
- Emirati Counselling – Our school counselor offers specialized support and counseling services to Emirati students. They address the unique needs and aspirations of Emirati students, providing guidance on their academic, personal, and career journeys. The counselor ensures their well-being and assists in their career planning and development.
- A’Gate – A’Gate is an enrichment program that offers students the opportunity to explore various subjects and skills outside of the regular curriculum. During club lessons, students participate in activities such as 3D printing and Arduino-based robotics. A’Gate fosters creativity, critical thinking, and hands-on learning experiences.
- ASDAN – Award Scheme Development and Accreditation Network: ASDAN provides alternative qualification routes for students, offering them future pathways to explore. These courses focus on personal and social development, employability skills, and vocational education. By engaging in ASDAN courses, students gain valuable knowledge, experiences, and qualifications to support their future endeavors.
At the Apple International School Inclusion Department, we are committed to providing a supportive and inclusive environment that caters to the diverse needs and talents of our students. Through these programs, we aim to empower students to thrive academically, emotionally, and socially, enabling them to reach their full potential.
Provisions for Students of Determination
Our provisions for students of determination are designed to ensure that every student has equal opportunities to succeed. Here are some of the key provisions we offer:
- Individualized Education Programs (IEPs): At Apple International School, we understand that each student has unique learning requirements. That’s why we develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for students of determination. These personalized plans outline specific goals, accommodations, and support strategies tailored to meet the individual needs of each student. Our experienced team of educators and specialists collaborates with parents, students, and relevant professionals to create and implement effective IEPs.
- Pull-out Sessions: To provide focused and targeted support, we offer pull-out sessions for students of determination. These sessions involve withdrawing students from their regular classes for specialized instruction or interventions. Our qualified special educators and therapists work closely with students in small groups or one-on-one settings, providing additional support, remediation, or enrichment to address specific learning goals and challenges.
- In-class Support: We believe in fostering an inclusive learning environment where students of determination can actively participate in mainstream classrooms. Our team of inclusion specialists, learning support assistants, and classroom teachers collaborate to provide in-class support. They facilitate differentiated instruction, modifications, and adaptations to the curriculum, ensuring that students receive the necessary accommodations and support to fully engage in the learning process alongside their peers.
- Access Arrangements in Exams: To create a level playing field during assessments and examinations, we implement access arrangements for students of determination. These arrangements are tailored to meet the specific needs of each student and may include extra time, the use of assistive technology, alternative formats, or the provision of scribes or readers. Our dedicated exam coordinators and support staff work closely with students, parents, and relevant professionals to ensure that all necessary access arrangements are in place.
At Apple International School, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students. Our provisions for students of determination, including IEPs, pull-out sessions, in-class support, and access arrangements in exams, are designed to empower every student to reach their full potential academically, socially, and emotionally. We collaborate closely with parents, students, and external professionals to ensure that our support is comprehensive, individualized, and responsive to the diverse needs of our students.
Apple International School's Aim and Objectives for Gifted and Talented Students
At Apple International School, our aim is to create an inclusive learning environment that recognizes and nurtures the unique abilities of our gifted and talented (G&T) students. We have established clear objectives to ensure the prompt and accurate identification of each student’s individual talents. By doing so, we can swiftly implement effective interventions that maximize their learning potential within the school setting.
We have developed specialized programs and provisions tailored specifically for G&T students at Apple International School:
- Foundation Stage PALS (Programme for Accelerated Learning Standards): G&T students in the Foundation Stage follow an accelerated learning program within a cluster group setting. This program includes engaging activities such as basic robotics, allowing students to develop their skills and abilities.
- Key Stage 1 Trail Blazers POI (Programme of Inquiry): Designed for Key Stage 1 students, this program takes place three days a week in the Inquiry Hub, a dedicated classroom for inquiry-based learning beyond the standard curriculum.
- A’GATE (Apple’s Gifted and Talented Program): Our A’GATE program offers a range of enriching activities for G&T students in Year 3-11, including:
- Enrichment Classes: Students have the opportunity to enhance their talents and pursue their interests through various enrichment classes. These classes cover exciting topics like 3D printing, green screen projects, Arduino-based robotics, and micromarcamy.
- MOOCS (Massive Open Online Courses): We support and guide our gifted students in completing online courses that extend their learning beyond the regular curriculum.
- Teacher-A-Day Program: This unique initiative allows students to develop their confidence by teaching a topic of their choice to other classes.
- Mentoring Program: G&T students have the opportunity to work with professionals in their desired fields through our mentoring program. This experience provides invaluable insights and guidance for their future aspirations.
- Advanced Learning Plans: We provide G&T students with personalized Advanced Learning Plans, which may include curriculum compacting where appropriate. These plans ensure that students receive specific provisions within the classroom to further enhance their learning journey.
At Apple International School, we are dedicated to supporting the unique talents and abilities of our G&T students. Through our comprehensive programs and provisions, we strive to create an environment where they can flourish, grow, and reach their full potential.
Admission Open for 24 - 25
We prioritize holistic learning, nurturing unique talents, and fostering a positive, enjoyable educational experience. Our commitment spans from admissions (Foundation to Year 13) to a partnership with parents and stakeholders, aiming for the realization of each child's potential.