ASDAN is an education charity and awarding organization providing courses, accredited curriculum programs, and regulated qualifications to engage, elevate and empower young people aged 11 to 25 years.
The goal is to engage them through relevant and motivating courses to achieve meaningful learning outcomes, which elevate them to go on to further education, training, and work, and empower them to take control of their lives. ASDAN does this by developing courses with an accessible and practical pedagogy for learners; and by working with partner educators to foster the personal, social, and work-related abilities of young people.
The courses are designed to develop skills for learning, work, and life, with practical and accessible pedagogy. They help young learners discover their passion and purpose as they move forward into further education, work, or training.
In 2019, AIS introduced an ASDAN course as part of its provision. Upon completion of the course, all students received a certificate recognizing their accomplishments.
It is our pleasure to announce that we are now an ASDAN-accredited and registered, allowing us to provide a greater variety of educational options and courses that are tailored to the individual needs of our students.
We have now made these courses available to our G&T students as well.
For students of determination who have been exempted from studying certain subjects, there is an opportunity for them to gain experience in a skill-based field. Having this experience will be beneficial to their career prospects in the future. Students are encouraged to attend short courses as part of their club enrichment activities. They can also avail of bronze and silver courses, which will boost their engagement and motivation at GCSE, as well as foster new skills and make them more confident.
Courses available at our center
- Personal Development Programmes
- Short Courses
- New Horizons
- Preparing for Adulthood Programmes (SEND)
- Careers and Experiencing Work Short Course
- Accelerating Progress
- Life skills Challenge
- Key Steps
- International Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards
ASDAN’s program help centres meet many requirements including:
- pride in achievement and commitment to learning.
- developing self-confidence, self-awareness, and understanding of how to be a successful learner
- gaining employability skills so that learners are well prepared for the next stage of their education, employment, self-employment, or training.
- knowledge of how to keep themselves healthy, both emotionally and physically, including through exercising and healthy eating
- personal development, so that learners are well prepared to respect others and contribute to wider society.